How It Works
Simple, easy and fast processing for all documentations.
The Employees Provident Fund Organization, or EPFO, is one of the social security organizations in India with the highest volume of financial transactions.
The Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is a program controlled by the Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act of 1952. Subject to certain restrictions and exemptions, PF registration is required for all businesses with 20 or more employees.
What is EPF registration?
EPF registration is one of the essential programs for aiding workers to get a sizeable retirement fund. All businesses with 20 or more patrons are required to have it. It may also be necessary for some companies with at most 20 employees to register with the PF.
Every employee is entitled to PF benefits from the moment they start working. It is the employer’s responsibility to deduct and pay PF contributions. The employee and the employer should contribute at the same 12% rate to the PF. The rate for PF deduction is 10% if the establishment employs at most 20 people.
The EPF contribution is due within 15 days of the following month. You will be placed on the defaulter list and liable for the default period’s penalty if you don’t pay by the due date.
Benefits of EPF registration
Taxes are not due on the investment sum or interest income. If withdrawn after five years, the accumulated money is also tax-free. However, the employee is liable for the associated taxes if a premature withdrawal happens (before five years).
In addition to the employee’s 12% contribution to the EPF, the employer also contributes the same amount, which includes 8.33% to the employee pension plan.
Insurance program linked to employee deposits.
This program is available to everyone with a PF account. According to it, the life insurance premium is reduced by 0.5% of the salary.
The fact that a PF Account is both ongoing and transferable is one of its fundamental characteristics. It implies that transferring the same account to a different employer is simple.
Aims for the future
The urgent availability of funds is necessary for many long-term objectives, such as marriage or higher education. In these situations, the accumulated PF money is frequently valuable.
Certain unforeseen events, such as marriage or other family celebrations, misfortune, or illness, necessitate immediate financial assistance. It can be beneficial to know the PF amount.
Risk-free capital appreciation
In this EPF India program, the interest rate is fixed. Additionally, even when dormant, the EPF earns interest.
Early Withdrawal is Simple
EPF members may use partially withdrawn benefits. People can withdraw money from their pension accounts to meet their specific needs, such as paying for higher education, a home purchase or construction, a wedding, or medical care.
Who is required for EPF registration?
- Registration is required from workers whose monthly income is under INR 15,000.
- Employers must register under the EPF if they have more than 20 employees.
- Organizations with fewer than 20 employees may voluntarily join the EPF program.
- Employees who receive a monthly salary of more than INR 15,000 are also eligible to open an EPF account. However, they need the Assistant PF Commissioner’s consent for this.
- The EPF scheme’s benefits are available to all Indian citizens (except those who reside in Jammu and Kashmir).
Documents required for EPF registration
Depending on the type of entity, the list of documents for PF registration by employers is as follows:
- The applicant or employer’s name
- PAN card information
- Proper identification, such as a driver’s license, passport, or voter ID
- Address verification for the location where the business is being conducted
- Owner’s residential address verification
- Telephone number.
- A certificate of incorporation
- Articles of Association (MoA)
- PAN card information
- Information about the society’s president and its members
- Address verification.
- Partnership registration certificate
- A partnership agreement
- Identification documents for each partner in the business, such as a driver’s license or voter ID
- Information about each of the firm’s partners
- Evidence of the partners’ identities and addresses.
Limited Liability Company/Partnership
- A certificate of incorporation
- ID proof for the director
- An online certificate with the director’s digital signature
- Information about each director
- The directors’ addresses and IDs
- The articles of incorporation and the memorandum of association.
- The original sales bill
- The invoice for the initial acquisition of equipment and other raw materials
- Account number, IFSC code, name, address, and other information from the bank
- Monthly employee performance data
- Salary information
- Details about provident funds
- A cross-cashed check.
EPF registration procedure
Step 1: Create an organization account with EPFO
The first and most crucial step is to register your business with EPFO. By going to the EPFO’s official website, https://www.epfindia.gov.in/, and selecting “Establishment Registration,” you can easily register your organization with EPFO. Fill out all employer information, including the business name, address, owner and employer information, PAN, etc.
Step 2: OTP Verification
After submitting the online form, the applicant will receive an OTP on his registered email address and mobile number, which must be verified to activate the establishment login.
Step 3: Log in to your organization
After confirming the employer’s registration, the employee can log in with the appropriate credentials to finish filling out the establishment’s information.
Step 4: DSC Registration
The applicant’s following action is to generate DSC. After completing the establishment’s registration, the applicant must register the DSC online by selecting “DSC/E-Sign” from the drop-down menu. DSC is registered as an authorized signatory on behalf of such an establishment.
Step 5: Certificate of Registration
Following registration, the department issues an EPF registration certificate in Form 5, including the Unique Identification Number.
Step 6: Update Employee KYC
Following registration, every employee must update their KYC by uploading an Aadhar card, a bank statement, and other information to obtain a UAN number. You will have access to your EPF account with this UAN number and password.
Step 7: A common registration
A common registration facility is available for entities who wish to register under both the EPF and the ESI can do so. By submitting a single application, an entity can receive EPF and ESI codes.
Why Choose Taxtolegal?
Top notch services for everyone. Look no where else.